Technology is increasingly disrupting every part of our daily lives.
Smart speakers and voice assistants let us interact with our homes and with retailers in new and seamless ways.
Smartphones are taking over as the dominant shopping device.
Viewers continue to move away from traditional TV toward digital platforms.
And the list is growing.
Nearly every industry has been disrupted by digital technologies over the past 10 years. And in 2018, we expect to see more transformative developments affect our businesses, careers, and lives.
Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service, has put together a list of 35 Big Tech Predictions for 2018 across Apps and Platforms, Digital Media, Payments, Internet of Things, E-Commerce, Fintech, and Transportation & Logistics. Some of these major predictions include:
- Cryptocurrencies will become more widely accepted
- Google and Apple will challenge Amazon in the smart speaker space
- The resurgence of the VR market
- The real self-driving car race will begin
- Drone regulations will relax
- Alibaba's international expansion
- Gen Z will become a major focal point for media companies and advertisers
- Payment security will become paramount
- Smart home devices will take off
This comprehensive list of 35 predictions can be yours for free today. As an added bonus, you will gain immediate access to our exclusive free newsletter, Business Insider Intelligence Daily.